EZ Go golf cars are very popular, but some common repairs usually need to be done. From fixing a cracked canopy to replacing the battery, many repairs can be done on your own. However, more complex issues with the drive mechanism, accelerator assemblies and axles, should be handled by a pro.
- Frequently check the battery during the off-season. Remove it if possible, and connect it to a charger that’s set to ‘trickle’ charge. This will prevent the battery from draining completely during the off-season.
- Service and clean the battery cables and terminals throughout the year. Use a wire brush to clean the terminals, and make sure all debris is removed. To check the cables for wear and tear, disconnect them from the battery.
- To repair a crack in the canopy or body, use a fiberglass repair kit.
- Tires on EZ Go golf cars are tubeless, so you can repair them as you would a car tire.
- Perform regular maintenance on EZ Go golf cars to keep them in prime condition. For electric models, this includes making sure the tires are properly inflated and cleaning the battery terminals often. For gas golf cars, check the oil every week and, if it’s low, fill with 10W-30 oil. The filter should be changed every 5 to 10 years, depending on use.
At Golf Cars of Hickory, we specialize in custom-built golf cars and enjoy building personalized vehicles for our customers. We also offer our services to companies that need personalized fleets of golf cars. For more info about custom EZ Go golf cars, please contact us today.